Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a great week of hunting we've been able to enjoy!  The new geese that migrated in a couple of weeks ago have made a lot of happy hunters at Last Pass.  There have been many big shoots taking place and its always a joy to see such happy hunters.  I can't believe how great our season has been and just when we think it should slow down, it ramps right back up for another fun hunt! 

For years Rochester was a resting spot for EPP (Eastern Prairie Population) Canada geese but lately they've been migrating more towards the western part of the state and we've seen more "local" geese that have been raised in Minnesota.  Well this year and last year we have seen a shift in the migration back to Rochester!  A lot of the geese harvested around town have been the smaller EPP geese this last week. 

Thanksgiving is about recognizing what we all should be thankful for.  Today in between eating turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie and before the kickoff to one of the three football games, think of what you are truly thankful for.  I'm thankful for many things...  The first and foremost would be my family.  I'm blessed to have a supportive wife and two beautiful children.  This time of year they sacrifice a lot of time spent with me during the grind of the season and I appreciate them always being there for me.  I'm also thankful for God giving us such wonderful birds like waterfowl.  Ducks and Geese are such an amazing bird and we are lucky to be able to hunt them.  Last I'm thankful for all the hunters who choose us as an outfitter!  Bryce and I are lucky to do what we do and without all our loyal hunters we couldn't do this. I hope everyone that hunts with us realizes that we try to go above and beyond when it comes to goose hunting. 

All of us at Last Pass Guide Service wish everyone a safe and joyful Thanksgiving!