Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Grind Continues

The hunting continues to be amazing to say the least! I'm starting to sound like a broken record but I love it!  We are picking up some new geese in Rochester which is adding to the good hunting.  Bryce and I are very fortunate to have the hottest field in Rochester and we have been taking advantage of it!  We aren't over hunting it and that is keeping the birds in our "zone".   Besides all the geese we've been shooting, this is the best duck hunting we have ever seen...EVER in Rochester!  Ducks are always a bonus for us and this year we've had plenty of bonus birds!


10 Mallards and 7 Geese
 

The Chad and Jeremy on another successful hunt



If you listen closely you can hear a rumbling sound going on out in all our fields.  That rumbling would be a sound Bryce and I have been anxiously waiting for since September 6th... The rumbling of combines harvesting our fields!  Most people think of the beginning of November as Deer season and this year I'd have to agree with them because that's all I can think about too.  Except my thoughts aren't about a giant buck walking under my stand, my thoughts are about a John Deere and hopefully getting all our fields clear of corn and beans!
 
By the end of this next weekend we will have all our fields up and ready to hunt.  A lot of people don't realize the time and effort it takes to get these fields huntable.  We have a great group of guys that step up and bust their butts to help me and Bryce out and we would like to thank them!  These guys remind me a lot of offensive linemen in football... When the hide is good in these fields and Bryce and I put guys on a good hunt we look good but it is truly the guys behind the scenes that helped put our hunters in a well hidden pit!  A big thanks to Charlie, Dave, Bob, Jeremy, Trevor, Christian and Eric.  Take a look at the pics below and let us know if you think they did a great job!


Before... 


After!

 
Sunday afternoon was a hunt that Bryce and I have been planning/dreaming about all summer.  We wanted to take our sons on a nice warm goose hunt where the geese would cooperate and the boys could watch as flock after flock finished perfectly.  Since it was an afternoon hunt the boys had to wait all day for us to go to the field.  Kelton was actually pacing in the house waiting for us to go!  Both Brady and Kelton were jacked up ready to watch mother nature at her best.  It wasn't long after setting up that the first birds came out.  It was a pair that bellied in perfectly and Bryce sat up and shot both of them as Kelton, Brady and I watched.  We then had a good group of 12 come in and Bryce shot his last one and I whiffed twice and recovered for a bird on my third shot.  A short time later 3 geese came in perfectly dead center of us and I shot my last two!  The kids were ecstatic going out with us to pick up our limits of geese!  This hunt will go down as one that I will never ever forget.  From Brady singing while geese are coming in to Kelton yelling geese every time we had birds on a string.  There were so many things we were laughing about out there its hard to remember them all.  Kelton put it simply as this, "Dad there are geese...EVERYWHERE!  This is awesome!"  And he was right, this hunt was awesome!

Kelton Hauling Back A Rochester Giant
 

 
Last Pass Guide Service Future Guides!  My Son Kelton On The Left And Bryce's Son Brady On The Right. 

 
Packing Up The Trailer