Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Snows #1

Our spring snow goose season has finally come to an end and what a season it was!  I can't remember a snow goose season that was as good as this one turned out to be.  We would like to thank all the hunters that came and helped us make this the best snow goose season we've ever had.  This season was alot different than most with the temps being well above average and the geese cruising north faster than we've ever witnessed before.  The key for us was to move to South Dakota when we did and that helped us keep our guys on the birds. 

Mike, Bryce and myself have a ton of pictures from this spring.  I'll start posting some of my favorites from this past spring and will add theirs when I get them. Keep checking back because there should be 2 or 3 more posts in the next week with more pictures!



My daughter Aubrey gave me this sticker to put on my e-caller box for good luck!  As a proud Irishman I believe it brought me and my guys good hunting this spring!!!  The saying couldn't fit the e-caller any better because the fun does start when we turn on the snow goose sounds.


One of many big flocks working in tight!  This is one of my favorite pics of this spring.


Nothing beats a sunrise during the snow goose season.


A great morning shoot for 3 guys!


Bob and "Decoy" enjoying another great day this spring!


43 bird afternoon shoot


Next 2 pics are from the same day.  Morning harvest was 63.  After lunch the boys went back out and shot 47 to make it a 110 bird day!